Snow in Kazanluk!



Winter is that kind of season that people either hate or love. In Spain there are different kinds of weather due to it is a “big” country. In the north the winter is cold, rainy and snowy but in the southern part it is not very hard, snow is really rare and the temperatures can reach between 8 and 15 centigrade as maximum.
In my case, I am from Murcia and it is situated in the south-east part of Spain; it is very close to the coast as well so it is even harder to have snow. I have never seen snow in my city but it is possible to see it far away at the top of the mountains; however, the quantity it is not that much. I went to do ski in other cities of Spain where there are high mountains, so I could see the snow on the ground but I never saw the snow falling down.


Yesterday morning when I woke up and looked through the window, I saw that everything was white outside and it was snowing quite hard too. It was amazing, that panorama was one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen. I was delighted and I could not stop watching the scene for a long time: these mountains of the park, the trees, the streets… I was hypnotized. Then I went to the shop and I was even a bit scared because I didn’t know how was to stand under the snow while it was falling down but in fact, despite of being covered with snow, it was great and beautiful.
From my point of view, we live in one of the nicest neighbors of Kazanluk, and it was all lovely covered in white, giving me a feeling of purity… so white and bright.
We decided not to lose this opportunity and to have a walk through the city to take some pictures and also to see the atmosphere. It was gorgeous. We passed through a high school and they were at break time. They all were very happy playing with the snow, doing snowmen and also throwing snowballs to each other. We were infected with this kind of games and Lourdes and I started to play with the snow as children do. I was very surprised about how easy and fast was to make snowballs J
We also realized that we weren’t prepared for this winter and we went to the “bazaar” and bought a lot of wool socks, wool caps and thick leggings. Now we are almost ready!

Two days after the snow, the sun came back again. The morning was sunny but still white. On the way to work we could see and feel how the snow was melting. It was like if it was “raining”. So we could see the sun, the snow and also water falling from the trees, wonderful!

It is possible that for most of the people of this country these sort of things are not strange, but for me they are. Before coming here I was scared about the winter here because I had been told that it was very hard. Maybe it is because of the low temperatures, but with this kind of atmosphere it will be worth to live here at least once in my life, and I feel very grateful about having this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment